Every year on March 30, on the occasion of National Pencil Day, the writing instrument that teaches the alphabet and draws straight lines to millions of people is honored. The pencil has also helped to win wars and made amazing art possible.
Happy National Pencil Day Celebrations 2021 – March 30
First Pencil Eraser Attached: March 30, 1858
Who Combined Pencil And Easer: Hayman Lipman
Pencil Day Observed Since the 1970s
Popular Hashtag Used For National Pencil Day: #NationalPencilDay, #PencilDay
On this day in 1858, Hayman Lipman received the first patent to attach a pencil eraser. There was no concept of pencils and before that time, pencils and erasers did not exist combined. Hayman Lipman was the first person who combined the two tools, which made them much easier to use. The intuitive businessman also made his own stationery envelopes and was the first to add glue to the flap of the envelope.
Use of Pencils During World War II:
Pencils Used During World War II were produced by the Cumberland Pencil Company of Kenswick, England, and these pencils were designed to function. At that time the pencils were prepared hollow on either end with graphite. The makers had stowed maps between the graphite, to help captured military personnel in their escape. Charles Fraser Smith was the person who designed these pencils in 1942, and the factory workers gathered them very secretly at night when the factory closed. These small detailed tools consisted of detailed escape routes miniature maps and a miniature compass. At that time these tools were very helpful for the prisoners of war camps. The members of the Royal Airforce were among those people who used these small tools. These small secret tools were also sent to POW camps.
Creative people always like Pencils because these are necessary tools for them. Artists always use pencils for a rough outline of an idea. Artists can also feel for graphite because they have a big heart for the pencil. The beautiful artwork of phenomenal depth achieves through the black and white medium. However, the carpenter also needs a pencil for his work to identify a piece. Similarly, every masterpiece of furniture art and working on a carving must require a pencil. Miniature art carvings are also done through the pencil. And the overachievers of the world consider the pencil as a perfect art. They place the artwork on the tip of the pencil.
Interesting Facts About Pencil And Pencil Day:
In the United States, the yellow color is used to paint pencils due to the oldest tradition. According to history, this tradition began in 1890. Also in 1890, the Koh-I-Noor brand of Austria-Hungary’s L & C Hardtmuth Company was introduced. A famous diamond The brand name had been suggested on the famous diamond. The company wanted to make this pencil to be the world’s most expensive and best pencil. However, other companies also started to copy the yellow color to associate their pencils with the high-quality brand.
- The pencil word is derived from the French language.
- Every year Fourteen billion pencils are produced in the world.
- Bread crumbs were used to erase mistakes before the invention of erasers.
- Pencils have the ability to write underwater and in zero gravity.
- In the US, Yellow color is used to paint the pencils which represents the best quality.
- Lead pencils do not contain even 1% of lead, but they called lead pencils.
- Approximately a line measuring 45 miles can draw with an average pencil.
Celebrate or Observe National Pencil Day 2021:
- Use #NationalPencilDay to promote the National Pencil Day 2021. Post images, wallpapers, and pictures of different types of pencils on social media and also share pencil artwork on the internet and with others.
- Tell the interesting facts about pencils to your kids on pencil day.
- Also, tell how pencils were used in olden times.
- Purchase some high-quality pencils and share your purchasing experience using #PencilDay to post on social media.
- Use different colorful pencils to make pencil crafts.
- Feather pencil topper
- Halloween bat pencil topper
- Make Slingshots from pencils
- Peacock from Pencil shavings
Learn About Different Types of Pencils On National Pencil Day 2021:
- Sprout Pencils:
- Prechewed pencils:
- Moss pencils:
- Charcoal pencil:
- Rusted twig pencil:
History of National Pencil Day:
National Pencil Day is associated with Hymen Lipman. On this day in 1858, Hayman Lipman received the first patent to attach a pencil and eraser together. The day has been observed since the 1970s but it is not confirmed who first launched the celebration of the pencil day. The origin of national pencil day is still undiscovered yet.